The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

...working for the body of a senior citizen

Yea, so that's what I feel like I'm doing. Seriously, I am 23 years old and have the aches and pains of a senior citizen. *sigh* The past couple weeks my left knee has really been bothering me when I do leg exercises or water aerobics and I don't know if I need to work my way through it to build it up or if I should be backing off of it because I'm wearing it down. I am very familiar with the "3-step process" of getting up from the ground because it takes that or more for me to go from my knees to standing - yea, not the most pleasant sight! It's just crazy though, my neck and shoulders and back bother me more than anything though - and I know that working those muscles contributes to that (which isn't bad), however, I hate taking pain meds to allevate the uncomfortability. Ay! If I were rich - I'd be going for neck and shoulder massages on a regular basis - HA! I've never actually had one before, never wanted to spend the pretty penny for one, however, I'm thinking more and more I may have to just give in.

No comments: