I encourage you, check out the questionnaire below and see if you could apply it to your own life (with ANY addiction), I highlighted the question that challenged me MOST in light of my food addiction, WOW!....
When deciding if you should engage in a particular activity, below are some questions to answer. Be brutally honest as you answer them. Use another sheet of paper to write down your answers. This questionnaire is especially helpful as you develop your boundaries and your definition of sobriety. You may want to provide this checklist to your sponsor so she can ask you these questions as needed.
1. Look at that behavior in light of all your other addictive/destructive behaviors. Is this particular activity similar to those behaviors? How is it similar? How is it different?
2. List all the reasons you think this particular activity is a healthy choice.
3. Will doing this particular activity propel you forward in your sobriety or take you backwards?
4. Will doing this particular activity propel you forward in your relationship with God or take you backwards?
5. If you did this particular activity every day for the next month what would be the result?
a. On your sobriety?
b. On your relationship with God?
c. On your relationship with others?
d. On how you feel about yourself?
e. On your weight loss journey (health, weight, physical ability)? (I added this question)
6. Are you creating a list in your mind of all the reasons it is okay for you to engage in this particular activity? Why do you think you are doing that?
7. Are you feeling any anxiety/guilt/shame as you think about doing this particular activity? Why do you think that is?
8. Would those who know you and your struggles consider this particular activity a healthy or unhealthy choice? Why do you think that is?
9. Are you willing to pray sincerely about this particular activity in order to listen to what God is saying and to obey what you hear?
10. Are you willing to present the situation honestly to your sponsor [or someone who knows your struggle] in order to gain their feedback?
11. Once you have made your decision, elaborate on why you choose to do or not do this particular activity.
I hope someone finds this questionnaire useful as I have, it's challenged me.