The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 23, 2009

...the end of fat!?!

...so, if OMEGA means "the end," then by eating Omega3 Fatty Acids am I putting an end to fat in my life - because if so, I'M GAME!

Last week at our nutrition class for my Weight Loss Competition, we talked about protein and how it's so important for our continued weight loss success. As I already knew, that scaly, smelly, aqua dwelling creature got brought up - FISH!

I totally am NOT a "fish" fan personally. The only fish I really have enjoyed eating is deep-fat fried catfish with hotsauce, a slice of white bread and cajun seasoned waffle fries (accompanied by a cool Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper). How's that for your "Omega FAT." haha That is one meal I've looked forward to once a year when we have our Juneteenth Celebration and my uncle has his famous "fish fry." It's the only serving of fish I eat all year round...till now!

After a "Last Minute Workout" last night, my friend commented, "I have like 300 calories left for the day and I have some Salmon waiting for me at home." She then talked about these grilled salmon fillets found in the frozen section that only take 4 minutes to prepare and taste great! "HA! Of course to her, BUT I don't like fish..." However, a little after mid-night I ventured to Wal-Mart (best time to shop by way), and I picked up a box in order to force in some Omega3 since it's "SOOOO" important!

This morning I sluggishly drug myself out of bed for a 30-min step-aerobic exercise on the Wii Fit followed by a breakfast of champions: Grilled Salmon and Steamed Broccoli. Guess what happened...

HAHA - I LIKED IT!!!

Yes, the girl who used to drench her only serving a year of "Omega3" in fatty, cholesterol filled grease and then let it fry broadened her horizons today and tried something new...AND LIKED IT!!!

BRING IT ON OMEGA3, BRING IT ON!!!


No comments: