The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Verge of tears. :(

Who's gonna be my shoulder, cause I could use one to cry on. LIKE A PUDDLE OF TEARS! Or maybe a hug would suffice, I like hugs.

My body hates me.

That's the only conclusion I can conjure up that makes even an ounce of logical sense. I have worked out every day (except Sunday) TWICE a day this past week and not steered away on what I'm eating for the last two weeks (may I remind you that I worked out just as much last week too) and the scale is up 1-2lbs yet again.

WHY!?!

I have days when I absolutely dread stepping on the scale because I just KNOW the results I see are not going to make me leap for joy. There are other days when I confidently step on the scale - knowing I've left it all out on the floor for the week and I'm rudely awaken by a gain. That's been the case the past two weeks. I was actually semi-excited to see what I had accomplished and "done to make myself proud" as the Biggest Loser song says. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING apparently.

Sorry guys, this isn't much of an upper today.

I worked out with a Personal trainer on Monday night, who I also go to church with, and I am sore two days later from what we did. She had me doing things I didn't know my body could do. I actually enjoyed that and I will be seeing her again this evening. Apparently I have ab muscles somewhere in there and the actually feel kinda good AFTER I've worked them out - it's like that "good pain" feeling. Boy do they hurt, but it's a good hurt.


Verse of the Day:

Revelation 21:4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

4 comments:

Shauna said...

i just wish i had all the answers. i love the story of God's apperance to Moses in the burning bush. I think of our Father in Heaven:"Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his fater in law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the backside of the desert and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb. And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and hehold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. And Moses, said, I will now turn aside, and see the great sight, why the bush is not burnt" (Exodus 3:1-3).
It is so very critical to believe, and to believe firmly, that God is burning fire that is unique above all other fires. He will give us warmth. He will give us light. He will cleanse and purge us as does the refiners fire! But he will not consume us. The flame of his love is meant only for good-it is not a destroying fire. Of this we may be certain.
"Since the begining of of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hat the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him" (Isaish 64:4)
If you are like me, I usually want the desirable blessing to be just a few feet ahead of me on the path. However, sometimes the Lord has to give me a pair of binoculars, and say, Well, it's on the path, but its in the distance there. WE must be patient, CONFIDENT that if we walk the path, all will, in due time, be well.
I love you, keep walking the path.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Please don't loose hope. It takes time for the results to show and they may not show right away in the scale. It is more important about how your clothes fit and how you feel. Whenever you work out a lot you could be gaining muscle and loosing fat. You are being too hard on yourself. And you know that God made you the way you are because that is what He sees. I am sure I don't have to write out Psalm 139:14 :)

Also, God is using all of this to make you stronger, don't forget that. Everything is within His purpose. It makes it harder when somethings just come easier to some people than others but don't loose hope!

L said...

I totally understand how you feel. I gained 7 pounds in less than a week - I was working out and eating right - everything. I don't know what happened but I wanted to cry too.

I wish I could give you a big hug.

So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. Galatians 6:9 (NLT)

Magic Brush said...

Keep calm and keep on. Look that up on EBAY... it's a poster. I want it.

I am sooooooo sorry for you. Don't you just want to throw the scale.

Seriously..... fill out that application. TODAY!!!!!!

Thinking of you girl.