"What's that? You would like Extra Cheesy Mac N Cheese, Mashed Potatoes with white gravy, Fried Chicken, Cheese Pizza, Tacos, a dinner roll with honey butter & Steak? Sure thing, help yourself..."
"Are they trying to stuff us?"
I think buffets fall right in line with America's self-indulgent, impatient, "convenient or it's unacceptable" mentality that has become apparent in our food choices, media, stores, finances, living arrangments and so on. Now I'm not saying a buffet is "the devil," haha, however, it is sad that children in South Africa receive two meals A WEEK of mashed pumpkin for food, yet we're in America sitting before our smorgasbord of food and upset if they run out of our favorite dish(my friend Audrey went on a mission last summer to S. Africa and reminded me of this today because it's so easily forgotten by us who have every food imaginable easily at our disposal). It really is sad when we think about it...has our stomach become our god???
- Tbls sweet potatoes
- Corn on the cob
- Steamed Broccoli w/ spaghetti sauce
- 2 servings seasoned green beans
- 2 servings mashed potatoes (w/ skin) <-this was my downfall. :(
- Fresh Pineapple
- Melon (cantaloupe & honey dew)
- Blackened Cajun Grilled Fillets (2) - 100 calories 3 g of fat 17 g protein per fillet
- Steamed Broccoli (a lot) - 30 calories 0g of fat per serving
- Ranch Dressing (yes friends, I ate ranch dressing on my broccoli - why does it have to taste so stinkin' good!?!) - 110 calories 11g of fat for 2 tbs - I had at least 2 1/2 servings. *gulp* AY!
Matthew 5:6 (NKJV)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.