I made a post awhile back about how I DID fill out a Biggest Loser application but never submitted it - since then I've received multiple comments suggesting I "fill out the application." lol to clarify, I will not be submitting the application for the following reasons:
1. It's too late to submit an application, they start training the day following the season finale
2. Even if it weren't too late, I still wouldn't be submitting an application because even though I've been struggling with some slow weeks I know that any of us can do it without "Jillian."
When I made that post Shauna made a comment that I couldn't agree with more:
You don't need biggest loser I will nag you and nag you until you lose all your weight, just to get me off your back. I am like a bad rash...:)!! good job this week. Have a fun trip, not too fun. hope you(r) leg gets better.
I have "Bob & Jillian's" right here at home that mean so much more because they know the deeper sides of me - they know the before and one day after side of me, they know me aside from a "weight loss journey" or a "contestant from a great show." They don't see me as just some chick trying to lose weight from Kansas but as a friend who no matter what happens, it won't be "good-bye and so long," after the season is over.
I completed that application before I started exercising and eating better as I had slim to no motivation to do it for myself. As incredibly cool as I think it'd be to have that sort of opportunity - I'm not at that place of feeling I have no other options anymore. To be honest, I hadn't even EXPLORED the options every one of us has at that point - which is simple:
GET UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Don't get me wrong, WAY easier said than done, but I'm so thankful that by faith I can be strengthened by the Lord. I can trust Him the whole way (even though in my weakness my words haven't really been depicting that so much last few weeks), but if I step back I really have a lot to be proud of. He's my strength, my refuge, my comforter, my encourager...I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME! Amen? Amen!
Those contestants on Biggest Loser still have to go home and learn how to operate "off the ranch," without Bob or Jillian at their disposal. Without the show, I KNOW how to operate without that sort of training at my disposal. Granted they have A LOT to be proud of, yet somehow I'm more excited about what I'm doing for myself.
Since that "break-down" point of completing the application and stuffing it in my top drawer, I've successfully done the following (since Feb this year):
1. Joined weight watchers and lost 35lbs on plan
2. Joined a local 12-week "Biggest Loser" competition and lost 25lbs (10+ from stopping WW)
3. Made it over half-way through that competition and STILL haven't given up
4. STARTED a competition at my job, ON MY OWN that I've independently orchestrated, wrote contracts for, advertised, collected money and motived others with that starts next wednesday. We have 27 employees joining this 9-week competition that is completely ran by me with a payout to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners. (don't ever think you can't do something that encourages and motivates others.)
5. Went from working out 0% of my life to spending 6 days a week, 2x a day 3-5 of those days at the gym or out exercising in other ways.
6. Went from eating out breakfast, lunch & dinner to sparingly and at those times making wise choices such as grilled fish, salads and fresh veggies.
7. Went from NEVER talking about my weight and being silently embarrassed and ashamed of it to attending group meetings, starting a blog and openly talking to nearly anyone about my weight. <--this is seriously one of the biggest "inner heart" leaps for me.I don't know about you, but I think I just changed my entire attitude around. Thanks for following me, you guys are just as important on this journey as me doing the work is...
By the way, check out Kristin Steede's blog from the Biggest Loser! She was my main inspiration from that show...
Quote from her site (I'd like to point out that I didn't read this until AFTER I wrote my post, so it was confirmation):
"I now see that the key to accomplishing my goals did not rest on the set of a reality television show. What it takes to change your life is already in each one of you; the trick is to uncover what it is that brings it out in you - and unleash it! Only you can turn your aspirations into reality."
Verse of the Day:
Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,