The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

12 Week Weight Loss Competition

Weight Loss Competition: Week 5

...well, I weighed in a day earlier than usual since I will be in TEXAS this weekend for my friend Amy's graduation. I'll be gone 2morrow before my normal meeting time. It'll be hard staying on track while on "vacation" if that's what you wanna call 16+ hours on the road over 4 days. Shauna, you MAY or MAY NOT see me on Monday morning depending on the ability to remove my face from my pillow. Yikes!

Onto the results...

Week Total: -2lbs
Competition Total: -25.2lbs

Competition standings: 1st PLACE (granted the final competitors have yet to way in 2morrow night AND Jennifer, my biggest threat at the moment hasn't logged her weight.)

Weight Watchers Total (since Feb. 09): -45.2lbs

Seriously, this is the first week that Jennifer hasn't weighed in on monday which can be an extremely GOOD or extremely BAD sign for me. Our competition administrator, Kelly, mentioned this evening that Jennifer had stopped by for an "unofficial" weigh in, however, requested it not be registered for the records. She said, "I have another day, I'll be back for my weigh in 2morrow." OH SNAP!!! The roller coaster emotions involved in something like this can drive a person nuts. I am currently at .1% above her previous weeks total.

Good news is I actually lost after an INCREDIBLE week last week, so I can't complain because at least the scale moved. Mad props for Shauna, because I was the exact same weight when I jumped on the scale before Water Aerobics. However after a kick-butt hour of water aerobics followed by some steam room action and a trip to the restroom (I drank too much liquid) - haha - I managed to be down by time to tally the totals. We'll see what this next week holds in store. My competition buddy, Audrey, will be texting me this weeks final results 2morrow evening while I'm on the road.

Cross your fingers folks...

*side note*

BIGGEST LOSER FINALE

ARE YOU KIDDING ME - I am proud of every single one of those guys, HOWEVER, totally disappointed that Tara did not win. Seriously, they all disserve it, so I'm not going to say "SHE TOTALLY DISSERVES IT," but AY, kinda a bummer. I believe Helen is seriously at an unhealthily low weight now. That's not cool, not cool at all.

Tara looks PHENOMINAL (sp?) as did Mike and even Ron. And Kristin, are you serious, she's gorgeous. WOW...I totally should've applied. I have my app fully completed and in my dresser drawer, however, I was too embarrassed to ask one of my friends to make a video for me, I know, how cowardly is that? Plus, I don't quite understand how they all make a living while they are away from home. I don't have a husband as supplementary income, I don't live at home with my folks, I pay rent, have a car payment, phone payment, insurance and the list continues. How do you pursue a fabulous opportunity like that and still make ends meet? That's the one thing I still wonder. Hmmm...

Verse of the Day:

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

3 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Honey you should TOTALLY fill out the app. You'll make your rent up when you win the show and are on the cover of every stinkin' magazine out there and doing the morning circuit with Math Lauer! Sign up! Sign up!

You go girl on the loss!

Mesha said...

It's too late to sign up this year, they've already closed the application process and picked the last contestant for next season on Tuesday nights finale. :(

Shauna said...

You don't need biggest loser I will nag you and nag you until you lose all your weight, just to get me off your back. I am like a bad rash...:)!! good job this week. Have a fun trip, not too fun. hope you leg gets better.