The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"LAST CHANCE WORKOUT"

In most races the runners pace themselves in a way to not only finish but to give one last UMPH! of energy at the end for a SPRINT to the finish line.  This past week was my SPRINT to the final weigh-in for the Kansas City Weight Loss Challenge.

I stuck to my plan of lean protein (chicken, turkey, fish), carbs and fiber primarily from veggies (broccoli, green beans, asparagus, carrots), limited fruits only eaten during the day to be burnt off (strawberries, canteloupe, avocado and pineapple), low sodium, LOTS of water and protein shakes as snacks and as breakfast meals (add banana and strawberries) on my busier mornings.  My newest protein shake recipe that I LOVE is "Banana Split."
1/2 banana
1/2 c frozen strawberries
1 tbsp fat free/sugar free banana cream jello pudding mix (dry)
1 tbsp benefiber
1 tsp flax oil (Source of Omega-3's and serves as nutty flavor for the nuts on top of your sweet treat)
1 scoop cookies 'n' cream protein powder
8 oz cold water
4-6 ice cubes
YUMMY!  Mine comes out to 303 calories jam packed with protein, fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, potassium and FLAVOR!

Diet is essential in weight loss, however, coupled with a good workout schedule it is a recipe that heeds RESULTS.  ALL of last week felt like my "Last Chance Workout."  There was personal training with Brandon, bootcamp style training with Kim (wellness coach), retro aerobics, zumba, wii fit, racquetball with Dad, workouts with Ali, ultimate workout challenge class at Sylvester Powell Community Center and the hardest workout I've ever completed led by Franchesca Alcanter - boxing class!


On Saturday, I was excited to share one of my biggest "Last Chance Workout's" with supportive friends.  I don't know how many of those attending still call me "friend" after suffering through that 1 hour class though.  :)  You know a workout is intense when 2 people throw up, one drops out after the WARM-UP and ALL grunt, groan and whine from start to finish. WOW!  I've never felt like I was going to lose a weeks worth of meals like I did during that class but I LOVED every minute of it!  Call me crazy huh?


I burned OVER 2800 calories each day last week and went well over 3000 calories burned on some days (boxing day being an obvious one of them).  All the hard work paid off though...check back on Friday for the FINAL results of The Kansas City Weight Loss Challenge: Round 3.


BIG THANK YOU to Franchesca for planning a "special" workout for us to burn some serious calories in while having fun.  Thank you to JERA LEATHERS, fellow contestant representing orange, for sharing your trainer as well as encouraging and motivating me each and every week of this challenge by your hard work and support.  HUGE THANKS to my amazing friends Ali, Audrey, LeAnn, Jenn & Melody for attending Franchesca's special boxing class with me for a HIGH calorie torcher (both torching calories and TORTURE for those who attended). I love you all and am so blessed to have each one of you in my life.


Verse of the Day:

-1 Corinthians 9:24
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

Great job Mesha! You are soooo close to getting there:)

Ashley Hankins said...

I wish I could have done the boxing class with you!