The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

24 year ago...

Thanks for all the birthday love, messages, calls and gifts...

JULY 20, 1985

24 years ago God blessed me with life...NOW, I want to bless HIM with my life!

Favorite childhood photo - in red sweatsuit (click photo to enlarge)

"Baby Mesha"

Me @ age 5 on left

_________________________________~+~_______________________________

MOVING ON...

~ENCOURAGER AWARD OF THE DAY~

My good friend Richie (see below)

Not only did he text me at 12:01 am to wish me happy birthday...lol...but he text me later in the day too with a message that I thought was really encouraging and thoughtful. He said:

"Just think, you're 75 pounds younger" and one year older...

I literally said, "Ahhhh...." out loud at my desk because as simple as the statement was, it was really meaningful to me. He showed up at my job that afternoon with a $25 gift card to Price Chopper and said:

"I know eating healthy can be kinda expensive, so thought this might help you out."

Rich & I @ my job
_________________________________________~+~_______________________________________
MY BIRTHDAY "CAKE"
I know I've talked about it before, but "bad company corrupts good habits." (1 Cor 15:33) It is so important, especially with weight loss, to be surrounded by a group of people who will encourage you and help you along the way. You can't be around those who are constantly pulling you down and tempting you in unhealthy ways. I am so thankful for my family, friends, co-workers, sisterhood sisters, blogger buddies, etc.
My manager brings in the cake of choice for EVERY birthday here at our branch. I prepared myself in advance and gave her fair warning 2 weeks ago that I DO NOT want cake for my birthday and "Thanks anyways." Without hesitation she said, "I understand. Can I get you a fruit tray or veggie tray instead. I'd still like to celebrate your birthday with everyone." How cool is that? So FRUIT IT IS!!! :)
__________________________________________~+~______________________________________
THE EVENING
(REMEMBER: "Everything in moderation...")
Although I didn't opt for the "healthiest" selections, I immediately separated half of my 6 oz steak, half of my LOADED mashed potatoes and a lovely dinner roll. Those are in the fridge right now waiting to be consumed in proper proportion. :)
___________________________________~+~_____________________________

DIET COKE W/ LIME (Compliments of Shauna)


I'm going to do their commercials (well...in my car I do them @ least)

Some times it's just the simplistic gifts in life that really make you smile!!!

LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!

Verse of the Day:

Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NIV) - "Birth Verse" - I don't usually get into stuff like this, but an email once listed the following verse as my "Birth Verse," and I just love the scripture so I have since kept it handy. Just a reminder to me that NO ONE is perfect and we fall short. But yet God's word still calls us "Righteous."


"There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins."

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day! You deserve it!

Audrey said...

What?! No picture of you with your hard earned 50 bucks cash....

Anonymous said...

oh I'm a day late but I hope you had a terrific birthday!!

tammi said...

Happy birthday, Mesha!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You do, indeed, have very thoughtful friends and co-workers ~ the fruit was an awesome idea as an alternative to a cake.

Do you know, I don't think we can get Coke w/Lime here in Canada. At least, I've never seen it. Hmmmm, seems dreadfully unfair to me!!

Shauna said...

Happy birthday....cheers. I celebrate you and your life!!