The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, September 19, 2009

STRIVES TOGETHER...

You've probably all heard the popular saying, "A family that prays together, stays together." Well, I created my own family phrase:

"A family that STRIVES together, THRIVES together."

~213 POUNDS LOST~
(Mom & Dad started 2008, I started February 2009)

Weight loss is a decision YOU have to make for yourself, no one can make that decision to pursue better health and fitness for you. The amazing thing about my family is each of us made our own decisions to get healthier and in turn it's become an incredible bonding opportunity. We help keep each other accountable and are supportive in each other's healthier life-styles. No fast food is brought into my folks house. All food cooked can be eaten "worry free" by any of us without it being laden with excessive amounts of calories. As an adult who has moved out of my folks house, it's great to say I go on walks with Mom & Dad several times a week. I meet Dad at the gym in the mornings and Mom at the gym in the evenings. On our walks we often have DEEP conversations and are able to enjoy that quality time together.

The "Wright Family" is not only STRIVING towards weight loss and better health TOGETHER...but 7 1/2 months AND 213 pounds later....we are THRIVING together.

ABOUT THE VERSE: The verse below comes out of Nehemiah when he began rebuilding the wall that were broken down around Jerusalem. I have always LOVED the illustration of the verse(s) below because as the men rebuilt the wall, there was opposition from the enemy who eventually threatened to advance against them. Nehemiah set men with their weapons next to their families around the wall who continued working on the task at hand while protecting their family in the process. I think it's just such a powerful story of how we are supposed to fight for our families but we don't neglect our own "work" in the process.

Obesity, heart disease, diabeties, family genetics & heredity are ALL enemies of my family - so we MUST fight against them in order as a means of preventative maintenance. While we each have a fight that we individually can't neglect, we are "stationed at that wall," so to speak - protecting one another in the process! I LOVE IT!!!

Verse of the Day:

Nehemiah 4:13-14
Therefore I positioned men behind the lower parts of the wall, at the openings; and I set the people according to their families, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”

5 comments:

Shauna said...

What a beautiful gift you are giving each other!! I think it is awesome.

Magic Brush said...

Your family is amazing!!!!

tammi said...

Firstly, you have a wonderful looking family! What a great picture!! Secondly, I think it's an awesome thing that you're in this altogether ~ supporting each other, encouraging each other, and making great choices TOGETHER!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome!! Sorry I haven't been commenting recently, life has been super busy! hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Your family is beautiful, and I am so thankful for you guys!! Love the new quote!!!!