The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

12 Week Weight Loss Competition/9 Week Weight Loss Competition

Week Total (as of 06/08/09): -6.8 (Goodbye plateau...it's about time!!!)
Competition Total (as of 06/10/09): -33.8

Hillcrest Bank Week 1 Total: - 11

WEIGHT WATCHERS TOTAL (started Feb): -57.4 lbs

****this is a milestone!!! 50 lbs lost!!!

At my outside competition our chart leader, Amanda, is still in first place with 11.8% lost, and she still hasn't weighed in yet this week. It's not worth holding my breath the next couple days though. The runner up as of last week was at 10.1% and she hasn't weighed in either. We'll see...June 22nd is the final weigh in.

I'm totally proud of my friend Audrey though, she's 9 lbs from her goal weight and chances are very likely she'll hit it by the end of our competition. She tried on her "goal jeans" this morning and they fit...that's gotta be an awesome feeling. I can't wait to start seeing those type of results...there is a LOOOOONNNG road ahead of me though. God-willing I will get there though.

For our work competition I am in first place for Week 1. That's a position I surely haven't seen in my outside competition. We all know that week by week EVERYTHING can change though.

Now to all of you Biggest Loser fanatics, MAX, Mike's younger brother, is tracking his weight loss journey via facebook. He's lost 30lbs in 3 weeks...AMAZING! He's at some fitness club living his own "Biggest Loser Ranch" experience. I am so happy to have a great source like that to follow his journey because me along with I'm sure half of America just developed a heart of compassion for him. EVERYONE is routing for him to succeed and it's exciting to know it's already started. If any of you are on facebook, go check out his page, it's under Max Morelli. Most of the BL contestants are actually on facebook as well so it's neat all around.

Onto MY sister, she lost 11 lbs her first week of my Dad's challenge. I'm so proud of her and my whole family for the steps we are all taking towards a healthier lifestyle. Just by changing her horrible eating habits and walking 1 block a day, her body reacted to the dramatic change. She isn't starving herself, on any special diet plan or overly exerting herself...just by common sense changes she's off to a great weight loss start.

There is so much to be excited about right now...

Verse of the Day:

Psalm 16:11 (New King James Version)
11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

4 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Oh Praise God! I am so excited for you, for your friends, (high five on the "goal jeans"), for your sister and for your family!!!!!!

I am having a pity party over here. I hurt my back this weekend. Chiropractor says no exercise this week. It hurts too bad to even try anyway. I need to loose 16 pounds in 8 weeks.....time is slipping away. (sad face)

Mesha said...

...what's in 6 weeks? you can do it Jennifer - I know you can! :) How'd ya hurt your back? I'll be praying for you!

Shauna said...

I am so happy for you! It is so nice to see results after hard work. Great job. your an inspiration.

L said...

whoop, whoop!!! Thats my yell/cheer for you! I am so proud of you...50 pounds! That's awesome! Keep it up!

PS - Jen has her high school reunion in 9 weeks. She is so beautiful she has nothing to worry about.