The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 21, 2013

GREAT article about weight loss!!

Whew! It's dusty around these parts! I haven't posted in awhile, (more than awhile), but I thought this article was worth sharing:

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/losing-180-pounds-really-does-body-8212-160-163900419.html

I don't have much to say beyond this, because I think it says a lot!

What I will say though is, "I get it." I didn't have weight loss surgery, but my sister did, a cousin did and two friends did...they can attest to this being true.

I did however lose 160#'s without surgery and when I weighed in at 179, I was not happy because..."I still had so far to go." I never got to fully enjoy what I had done in that new body, because instead of seeing where I had come from, all I could see is where I still had to go and though my body outwardly "appeared" different, I had the same mind. I was confused in my own skin and STILL not happy. I look back now and wish I would have fully embraced "179# me" and together we could have made great things happen. But the truth is, the mind is where the battle lies. Not the weight.

For those of you out there on this journey with me, DON'T GIVE UP, it's worth it, but it's not easy. It's not just weight. Don't fall victim of the thought that losing the "weight" is what will make you happy and complete in life.

No comments: