The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Size Matters

This post will be short & sweet...

SIZE MATTERS

Some of the most rewarding discoveries in losing weight aren't even found on the scale...

...we get so focused on "WEIGHT LOSS" that we forget that FAT LOSS, PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE and INCHES LOST are a much more significant (& appropriate) means of measurement.

Some of my FAVORITE testimonies to hear:

"I had to go to the mall and have them take out a link in my watch!"

"I'm down another hole on my belt."


"My ring doesn't fit anymore, it just slides right off."


"I had a hard time walking before and NOW I can JOG!!!"


PEFORMANCE

"I haven't lost that much weight, but I'm down 3% in BODY FAT!"


What are some of YOUR discoveries found OFF of the scale?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

At the beginning of last year I was 278 pounds and couldnt WALK without getting out of breath. Fast forward to this year and I ran a marathon. ;)

Mesha said...

That is so incredible Tricia!!! I want to do a 1/2, this Saturday is my first 10k. :)