The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ONE STEP SPOTLIGHT: Jera Leathers

There is so much SUCCESS in the weight loss world and I am daily amazed by awesome stories I hear on facebook, by blog, at work or by word of mouth. I often see people walking or jogging on the sidewalks of town and in my car whisper a "Good job," because it fills me with joy seeing people push themselves to become a happier, healthier person.

The "ONE STEP spotlight" recognition comes from the famous quote, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." You have no clue how many people you can impact in life just by setting an example. So here it goes...

********ONE STEP SPOTLIGHT**********

J E R A  L E A T H E R S

- 37.8 pounds lost -

Occupation: Claims Representative


What is your favorite exercise?

Boxing Class – vo2 Max with Franchesca at Golds Gym. My favorite machine is the Arch Trainer.

What are your goals?

I want to lose another 100lbs, my goal weight is 125-130

Favorite healthy food find?

Protein Shakes

Favorite guilty pleasure?

Mexican food – I can’t resist good chips and salsa.

What inspires/motivates you?

My mom and my good friends inspire me the most. But once I started working out the feeling I get from it, seeing the results definitely inspire me. You have to inspire yourself, others can only inspire you so far in weight loss. You have to believe in yourself and keep on pushing.

Tell me your story? When/Why did you decide to start this healthier lifestyle?

I have always been overweight; I don’t know what it is like to be skinny. I just woke up one day and was like I am tired of being fat. The Kansas City Fitness Weight Loss Challenge was just what I needed to get going. I want to shop at the cute clothes store, I want to find a good guy, I want to just be healthy. I love sports and it is hard to play them when you are overweight. I want to be able to do anything, and being healthy is the only way not to be held back. I have held myself back way to long.

What would you tell someone asking for advice?

It might seem impossible, but you can do it. Taking the 1st step is the hardest, and then just staying with it is the next hardest part. I still have a long way on my journey but finding the willpower in yourself you can do it. Find the right gym, or person to help you is the key. Believe in yourself and you can do it.

Spotlight Verse:

Romans 13:7-8 (NIV)


"Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor."

No comments: