The journey...

Life is in the journey, not the destination, so do what you can and take it one day at a time. Go slow, do it right, and make your changes permanent — then help out others who are where you were.

~Jillian Michaels

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MISSION HOLIDAY(s): Failed

~2010~

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

NEW YEAR...NEW ADVENTURES...NEW RESOLUTION...not!

It is a new year and I'm looking forward to the new adventures, however, I'm not one to make resolutions. Just as many resolutions that are "made" are "broken"...why make them at all. Setting out to be a better ME shouldn't be something that just comes around with the start of a new year, that decision can and SHOULD be made every day.

There has been SOOOO much going on since I last wrote and let's just say MISSION HOLIDAY(s): FAILED

I started my weight loss journey the first week of February 2009 and I'm nearly approaching my one year anniversary of weight loss. This was my FIRST time going through holiday's while attempting to lose weight. I never set-out to really lose before because I didn't have the drive or faith in myself that it was possible. I PRE-planned for these holidays but with all the snow and getting stuck in the house...A LOT...I quickly saw how food accompanied my boredom. I've always said, "I'd rather be busy than bored..." Well, I was busy eating to overshadow the boredom.

Add to the obvious boredom of snow days, my best friend is going through an INCREDIBLY rough time right now and I'm so thankful that I've had the opportunity to be there for her...for obvious reasons that causes stress though because you never want to see someone you love in so much pain and hurting!

Throughout all of this, I've gained nearly 15 lbs and am still past my 100 lbs down mark, but not if I keep at this pace.

GOOD NEWS: I'm hosting ROUND II of The Biggest Loser challenge at my job lasting 9 weeks with 18 participants. 9 brand new contestants and 9 returning!

In addition, I was featured in the Dec/Jan issue of KC Fit Magazine. It was an article titled "half-way there" including answers to a set of interview questions. It was a neat experience and now I HAVE to meet up to the expectations and prove what I set out to do in the beginning...beat the statistics and SUCCEED at losing ALL of the weight and keeping it off!

So, here's to a new year folks! MAKE.IT.HAPPEN....let's change our lives one day at a time and not "JUST" because it's a New Year!

Verse(s) of the day:
Deuteronomy 23:23

"Whatever your lips utter you must be sure to do, because you made your vow freely to the LORD your God with your own mouth."

Ecclesiastes 5:4-6 (NIV)


"When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it. Do not let your mouth lead you into sin..."

6 comments:

Shauna said...

See what happens when you quit coming to water aerobics!!!! When are you going to make the connection:) I miss you! love you, get back on it girl!! you have worked to hard. Shauna

Have a blessed day! said...

What an honor to be published for your hard work! I am giddy over your commitment to not only yourself, but your coworkers/friends as you spear-head this Biggest Loser challenge. Good luck to all of you contestants!

tammi said...

Congrats on the magazine article! What a great reward for all your hard work!

Holidays are always tough; I don't think I've ever NOT gained weight over Christmas. Fortunately, once things settle back into a routine (including my eating!) it generally doesn't take long to shed that weight either.

Don't be discouraged. You've come SO FAR! You will always have setbacks, but success only happens when you move beyond them. I believe you can do that! ♥

L said...

GREAT post girl!!! Thanks for the encouragement. It's hard for me to know the difference between bored and hungry sometimes...especially when it's cold outside!

Magic Brush said...

I am committed to getting back on the horse tomorrow morning. 6:15 a.m. at the gym..... OUCH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How I am only now seeing this, I don't know. Keep on it girl, I love you. I support you. I promise to be a better encouragement to you as of now. Thank you for taking care of me and Connor, and for being my best friend. I know you say it is easy to love me, and not an effort, but truly- THANK YOU. I love you so very much. xoxo